2013 has been a roller coaster ride - there were a whole lot of ups and downs and some I couldn't even comprehend happening to me. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and every experience shapes who you are as a person. This year, I would like to make a conscious effort on changing certain aspects in my life, always for the better.
1. Lost Weight - This is probably the most cliche'd resolution, but this year I will exercise more. I'm determined to achieve my goal weight especially now that we're back to eating homemade foods with less calories.
2. Read 15 books - I've grown attached to books last year and discovered so many great authors that I never knew before. This year, I aim to read 15 books; I've set my goal lower this year because I'll be devoting most of my time on my career.
3. Relationship with God - I would like to strengthen my relationship with Him even further. Through good times and tough times, He is always there for me and I'm immensely thankful for that.
4. Take more photos - I would like to grow my collection of photos of my family, friends, special occasions, and other things that I'd like document. Now that I have my own blog, it'll definitely motivate me to do so.
5. Reconnect - I've been terrible with catching up with my highschool and college friends and this year, I really have to change that. I would also like to expand my circle of friends!
I'm going to link this up on Ashley's Monthly Goals and I'll continue doing this every month because it's so much fun! :) Here were my goals last month and let's see how well did I do:
Goals for December:
1. Workout 3-4 times a week. - I knew I was bound to fail this one right when S&R opened this month and it's situated so near our house. I love their pizza!
Create a DIY project. - I love books and having an attractive place to store them. I was able to complete my DIY bookshelf and I'm so happy about the outcome. I painted it super crisp, solid white and then placed a nifty wallpaper made of foam, which I bought at Daiso(a Japanese store) at a low price.
Drink lots of water. - Check!
4. Save money! - I spent my Christmas allowance on books and presents, so no, I wasn't able to a save money this month.
Enjoy time with my loved ones and take lots of pictures. - One big fat CHECK! Now it's time to organize them and save some back up!
Read 3 books. - Despite my busy schedule, I'm glad I was able to squeeze in 3 books, namely: The Princess Bride, Eleanor & Park, and Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm completely satisfied with ending 2013, reading GoT(best new book discovery of 2013!).
Try 2 new recipes for our Christmas and New Year feasts. - Spicy tuna carbonara and Tiramisu! :)
I hope you all learnt a lot from 2013 and I wish you the best for 2014 - remember whatever you do - think positive!