SEPTEMBER In One Word
5 Things About My Life In September:
1. I turned over a new leaf and decided to push through with my Australian dream! I left behind my supplemental course, and hopefully I'll be able to fly there next year. It took me a long damn time to finally say 'yes' to this but I'm glad that the opportunity was still there. There's no turning back this time!
2. On September 6th, we celebrated my favorite nephew's baptism and I was one of the Ninangs too! My mom and I baked a fondant cake for him and everyone thought it was lovely.
3. My mom and I went on so many S & R dates this month! Thankfully, S & R has opened a new branch near our home and we get first dibs during sales and promos! After we do our shopping, we always eat at their pizza station, their combo pizza is the bomb!
4. I've decided to learn how to play the guitar and my little brother was kind enough to offer lessons(he's such a pro) when he saw me checking out Youtube videos for beginners. The first guitar chords I learned was Little Things by One Direction.
5. We celebrated my dad and my two older brother's birthday by throwing a huge party for them. We prepared a 5-course meal for them and everyone had a great time! I feel like its going to be a long time before I can celebrate with them again which makes me a bit sad.
5 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
Well, most of these songs are from Sam Smith's newest album, In the Lonely Hour. Seriously. I'm addicted.
1. Stay With Me - Sam Smith
2. I'm Not the Only One - Sam Smith
3. Latch - Sam Smith
4. Chandelier - Sia
5. Fancy - Iggy Azalea
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas- this latest book from the Throne of Glass Series, solidified Sarah J. Maas as one of my absolute favorite authors of all time.
2. Just One Year by Gayle Foreman - I'm glad I picked up this series again! I LOVED it.
3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - It didn't excite me as much cause the story was predictable. But it made me want to read her other novels.
3 New Obsessions In September
1. Parmesan cheese from S&R - I'm so glad we found an affordable yet great tasting Parmesan cheese from S&R. The thing that I love about Parmesan is its versatility. You can put it on everything - salads, soups, pasta, pizza, bread, etc.
2. S&R pizza - one of the best pizzas in the Metro. Mom and I ate there 6 times this month!
3. Nutella donuts from Krispy Kreme!
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In October
1. The first day of October is my birthday!(I just turned 24 today, HOW is it that time flies by so fast?) I'm excited mainly because I get to celebrate it with my whole family. My sister(who's based in Sydney) greeted me via text message saying that she hopes that I'll celebrate my 25th birthday in OZ. It made me so happy and excited!
2. My first ever Nikes. I'm planning to buy a new pair tomorrow and I'm contemplating whether I should get the Roshe Run or the Free Runs. The former is aesthetically pleasing while the latter is highly recommended by a slew of runners online. I'm gearing towards the latter though since I'll use it mainly for running. But the Roshes looks so lovely.
3. My fall TBR pile. I've got some exciting new reads this month that I cannot wait to read!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In September
“Sometimes fate or life or whatever you want to call it, leaves a door a little open and you walk through it. But sometimes it locks the door and you have to find the key, or pick the lock, or knock the damn thing down. And sometimes, it doesn't even show you the door, and you have to build it yourself. But if you keep waiting for the doors to be opened for you... I think you'll have a hard time finding single happiness, let alone that double portion.”
― Gayle Forman, Just One Year
― Gayle Forman, Just One Year
My October TBR List:
1. Assassin's Blade - Sarah J. Maas
2. Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
3. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
4. A Tale for the Time Being - Ruth Ozeki
This post was inspired by one of my favorite book bloggers, Jamie!