Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Before Twenty Four



On my last birthday, I wrote an entry about the things I've learned in my 23 years of existence(you can read it here). Tomorrow, I'll turn 24. And if you ask me what's the biggest lesson I've learned so far this year, it is to stay away from your comfort zone. The quote above speaks volumes to me. "Comfort zone is a really beautiful place where absolutely nothing gets done". That pretty much sums it up. And if you wanna know more then here they are:

1. You can read all of the self-help books in the world but if you do not take action, then all would be useless.

2. When life seems unfair, having a different outlook could take away the pain and change the course of your life. Be POSITIVE.

3. There will be challenges in life that will leave you shattered and at a loss. Give yourself time to weep, but do not stay that way.

4. You cannot please everyone. Back in college, I used to be a people pleaser and it did me more harm than good cause I was constantly affected by the smallest issues. I learned the hard way and one day, I came to realize that I deserve a lot better. 

5. Friends come and go. Keep the ones who'll stand by you when life is tough.

7. You will face fear and rejection. I struggle with handling rejection and criticism. When nothing is going right, criticisms affect you 10x stronger. I hope to overcome this in the near future.

8. Family knows your true self, the good and ugly parts of you, but they will still love you unconditionally.

9. Do not let yourself be swallowed by the abyss of self pity and depression. Stay out of  the box of badness.

10. When things go wrong, do not beat yourself up or blame others, instead, try your best to get back up. You should be gentle with yourself and realize that the pain may be part of your spiritual growth.

11. Reach out to others. You don't have to do everything alone.

12. When it comes to love, don't settle for anything less than you deserve. As my sister said, "God's Gift(GG or The 'One') will come at the perfect time. Trust that God is preparing both of you so that when you finally meet, you are both ready to commit to a lifetime together."

13. You need not change the things you love doing - hobbies, interests, career choice - just because you want to fit in a certain group of people. OWN them.

14. Don't compare your lives to others. Your path is unique. Own it and make the best out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment