Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
2013 is the year I rediscovered my fondness for reading. Back in college, I just didn't have enough time for leisure reading since my primary focus were my studies and extra-curricular activities. It is also a year of discovering book blogs which led me to read so many new books from brilliant authors and among these are:
1. Haruki Murakami - While browsing through Instagram, I saw a high school friend of mine post her collection of Murakami's books, which prompted me to check the author out. My first Murakami book was Norwegian Wood and I fell in love with his works even more after finishing Sputnik Sweetheart. His books has always left me with melancholic haze.
2. George R.R. Martin - I've joined the GoT bandwagon and this is my absolute favorite discovery this year. My fascination started when my older sister raved about the series after which we bought the box set as our early Christmas present from mom. I'm obsessed with it and I've been putting off my TBR list because of this. It has superb characters, wonderfully written story, brilliant metaphors, and I just love Tyrion's wit!
3. Veronica Roth - This one's amazing. I really loved the Divergent series.
4. William Goldman - I enjoyed reading The Princess Bride immensely and it is now one of my all time favorite books.
5. Markus Zusak - When I started out Book Thief, I didn't know what to expect at all. Death narrating the story? That's totally new to me and I'm so glad I gave it a shot.
6. Colleen Hoover - At first, I was hesitant to start this book because I thought that it was a typical high school romance novel but later, I found out that it is full of interesting and surprising events which got me hooked. I'm planning to finish the next books next year.