Monday, September 29, 2014

Life Recently

I made this post similar to Lauryn's, which is I think is a more personal take on the popular Sunday Currently link-up. Here's a look at what I've been up to lately.


Reading: I recently finished Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas and it was so so fantastic! Definitely my favorite book in the series! I highly recommend the Throne of Glass series if you're a fan of Hunger Games, Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. Right now, I'm reading The Assassin's Blade, which is a prequel of the story and so far, I'm really enjoying it!

Listening: I've been addicted to Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" album for weeks! I can't get over how amazing his voice is and even his live performances are so good.


Feeling: Now that I have a clear goal in mind, which is to study and work in Australia next year, I feel at ease compared to the last couple of months. You see, I felt so unsure with my career path. I tend to get swayed by other people's opinions on what I should and should not do. This time, I am taking in control. I want to see and discover new places.

Photographing: Good times with my family, my little nephew, foods, nature and anything that gets my attention. I especially love capturing priceless moments.

Writing: I'm writing some lists, quotes and thoughts about my goals, plans and basically life in general. I'm also planning to start a journal as I was inspired by this, this and this.

Watching: The last movie I saw was The Fault in Our Stars with my mom. It was such a beautiful and heartbreaking film, my mom and I cried so much! We were watching it at our living room and everytime my brothers or my dad pass by, they would grin and laugh at us. I thought Shailene and Ansel have done a fantastic job in portraying Hazel and Gus!

Using: I pulled out all my sweaters and have been wearing them a lot lately. It keeps me warm and cozy this rainy season and they're perfect for strolling and outings!

Learning: To focus on the present and be more positive instead of  worrying about the future and thinking about the past. 
I have my own fair share of regrets and bad decisions and whenever I feel sad about it, I try to focus on the good side of things and the blessing I've received. I also came across Zoella's "Say yes" video on Youtube and it spoke volumes to me. If you need a picker-upper, definitely check that out.

Reminiscing:  About the days when all of my brothers and sisters were still living here at home(we are 11 in the family, including the parents). I miss those days when we would go out of town even if all 11 of us barely fit inside one car, and when we are in La Union, we would explore our lola's vast farm while eating fruits fresh from the trees. Heck, I even miss those meal times when food served at the table would be gone in a matter of seconds. Life was so much simpler back then too.


Thinking: About my future plans and goals. There are so many things I'd like to do and I don't want my fears to get in the way. I'm hoping and praying that things will work out.

Reflecting Upon: The choices I've made this year and how they will affect the future. Sometimes I do worry(which I know is pointless) and ponder if I made the right decisions, other times I just throw away the consequences and doubts and live my life carelessly.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment