Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A mish mash kind of day

11.12.13 

Thought I'd share these random things that I'm currently loving. Enjoy!

1.) Oreo Balls I've lost count of how many times I've made these little babies! Not only do they taste heavenly but also they are so easy to make. 

Ingredients

1 package Oreo cookies

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

White chocolate almond bark or candy melts

Chocolate chips for decorative drizzling, Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, etc.

Crush cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
Melt chocolate as directed on the package, then dip balls into chocolate, tap off the excess, and set aside on a wax-paper-lined cookie sheet to dry.
You can sprinkle the tops with crushed cookies or sprinkles for decoration. I personally think it looks pretty to drizzle them with a contrasting color of chocolate to make them look like truffles. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
2.) We all know that our 20s is a very crucial stage for our development in all aspects and it is a prime time of self-discovery. Most importantly, wise decisions should be made especially when it comes to our career. Personally, I used to have a clear and definite path, however, certain unexpected circumstances got in the way and I can attest that it all turned out to be completely different from what I've hoped for. I struggled with disappointments and frustrations and I tried so hard to overcome them. I knew I had to adapt even if it took me a long time to build up my strength or else I would be stuck in that black hole. But if anything, I definitely came out stronger and wiser. I'm well on my way to a bigger venture which will pave way to a brighter future. So hold on tight and enjoy the journey through your 20s!

These are pieces of gems that I found in various websites for the 20-something and I urge you to check them out:


3.) These quotes that are too good not to share:

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered,

“Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.” 














"Don't let worrying about the future take away the beauty of the present."

4.) I've rediscovered my love for red nails, I wear it every single day and it is now my go-to color. 

United Benetton B United Pink - my mom recently gave this to me and I absolutely love it. This has a nice fresh scent which I would say is more for daytime use.

5.) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


6.) I call this my "never gets old" playlist.

brighter than sunshine – aqualung
defying gravity - lea salonga
apologize - one republic
secrets - one republic
brave - sara bareilles
happy ending – mika
how far we’ve come – matchbox 20
love story meets viva la vida – jon schmidt
the luckiest – ben folds
marchin on – one republic
mine – taylor swift
river flows in you – yiruma
rock your soul – elisa
shake it out – florence + the machine
shoot out the lights – ron pope
slide – goo goo dolls
us – regina spektor


7.) And, these irresistibly cute photos to brighten up your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment