Friday, November 22, 2013

Five On Friday


[one] After so many years, my braces and I have finally parted ways last Monday(Nov. 18) and I feel so relieved. I had them on for 5 years and the result is amazing. All those times that I had to bear eating nothing but soft foods, the recurring pain and trips to the dentist are so worth it. No more buck toothed me, which is the ire of my teenage self. My mouth feels naked though but I'll definitely get used to it.


[two] I read Divergent last month and I started the second book only yesterday. I purposely stalled a bit because there were other books that caught my attention. But now that I dived back into it, I'm not gonna touch other books until I finish the whole series. The story is so riveting and addicting. Four is totally hot; definitely my favorite character in the series.

[three] Last Wednesday, I decided to kick-start my fitness regime again(for the nth time) and I'm happy to say that I've lost 5 lbs. already! A combination of zumba and circuit training and, of course, diet did the trick. I included zumba in my exercise routine after my mom raved about it and it's a great and fun way to exercise. I also eliminated white rice, processed foods, sweets and fried foods in my diet. Hopefully, I'll be able to stick with it for a month. I'd like to share this funny and interesting article about the connection between real  life situations and work out: click here.

[four] After using Etude House green tea facial wash for 2 weeks, I had the most terrible breakout, which is unlikely because I'm way past that acne stage. It just didn't work out for me and here I thought it was all because of stress. So I switched back to my tried and tested Nivea facial wash and thankfully, my pimples are almost gone now. Holy Grail status!


[five] I've been feeling a lot better and happier nowadays and I thank God and my family for helping me get back up. I was so confused and anxious as to where my life is headed that I failed to recognize the good parts. I may not have everything figured out just yet but, at least I finally found the path that I'm going to take. Needless to say, life is back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment