Monday, November 4, 2013

Ten Favorite Things #2

Its November already! I just got back from the province earlier and stayed there for four days to visit my Grandfather who passed away last year. He was an honorable and courageous man who fought during WWII and I remember he would tell us stories about his experiences. He also has a huge heart, willing to help other people the best way that he possibly could. Wherever you are right now Lolo, I know you're in a better place now and we miss you terribly.


So here's what I'm thankful for!

1. My family. They're the most important people in my life and even though we are nowhere near perfect, I wouldn't trade them for the world. 

2. Province, La Union. I spent so many fond memories with my family, cousins, relatives and grandparents in this place and it is where we usually held our reunions. The picturesque view, mango trees, carabaos, lechon, goats(or kambing), and the beach are just some of the best things in our province.

3. God. He is my rock and my savior. 

4. My friends. It's so nice to have friends who are real and compassionate and I'm so thankful to have them in my life. They are  the ones who stick with you through the good and the bad times.

5. I'm incredibly thankful for my mom's unconditional love and support especially during the lowest point of my life. I'm having a tumultuous journey with my career path and I'm so thankful that she's always there to give me unwavering support. I love her to bits!

6. Books and ebooks. I've been reading tons of books - adventure, YA, fantasy, romance, existential, chicklit, dystopian, self-help, true crime - and I'm loving it!

7. Landmark. For their affordable beauty items like makeup brushes, lipbalms you can't find anywhere but in this place, and nifty school supplies and organizers.

8. Delicious hot chocolate to keep me company during late nights.

9. Our adorable pet Chowder, a half shih tzu and half Bernese mountain dog, who was literally going crazy, the dog-sitter told us that he kept wailing and he managed to go inside our house which was all locked up(I'm guessing he crawled through a little space), while we were away. He missed us so much, that he hugged all of us when we arrived earlier.

10. I'm so thankful for the lessons that I'm learning in life during my terrible winter. It made me stronger, wiser and better in all aspects of life.


19 comments:

  1. My dog goes CRAZY if I'm away for more than 2 days. I guess that's his threshold. He will HOWL when I get home after a 2 day absence. It's hilarious and ridiculously adorable. Pets are the best! :) Loved reading your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! That's so adorable! Its the first time we left him and it broke my heart when the sitter called while we were away, telling us of his miserable condition. I immediately gave our pet his favorite foods when I saw him again. :) Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  2. HI! Thank you for linking up! You have an awesome list- it sounds like you have some really great things to be thankful for! I hope you'll be back next month, I can't wait to read more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting such a wonderful link up! I'll definitely be back for more!! :)

      Delete
  3. Half Shih Tzu and Bermese Mountain Dog.. oh my goodness! I've worked around dogs/animals all of my life and I can't hardly imagine that! It must be such a sight! And like you, I am so thankful for my mom!! She is the holy grail of my life and everything that matters to me!

    ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup he's quite a looker actually and we love him to bits! Wow! working around animals must be very awesome! :) And I completely agree! mom's are the best!!! :)

      Delete
  4. loved reading your list! i left my pup for 2 weeks last month and my mom said he cried by the door every night! Broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know the feeling, its like you want to go back home just to comfort him/her. :) I think I might bring our pet with us the next time we'll go out of town :)

      Delete
  5. Loved reading your list. I'm sorry about your grandfather, but I'm sure he is looking down on you!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books too. I don't know how people get through life without reading. Hot chocolate with a good book is one my ideal ways to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it! Morning, afternoon, evening, midnight, all day everyday :) haha

      Delete
  7. "a half shih tzu and half Bernese mountain dog"

    how does that happen? I need to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he's adorable!! I'll definitely make a blog entry dedicated to my pup in the future! :)

      Delete
  8. What a great list! Hot chocolate & a good book is a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish! I admire people who loves reading. Interesting list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ann! Thanks for looking around. :) Yes, I looove to read a lot :)

      Delete