Its November already! I just got back from the province earlier and stayed there for four days to visit my Grandfather who passed away last year. He was an honorable and courageous man who fought during WWII and I remember he would tell us stories about his experiences. He also has a huge heart, willing to help other people the best way that he possibly could. Wherever you are right now Lolo, I know you're in a better place now and we miss you terribly.
So here's what I'm thankful for!
1. My family. They're the most important people in my life and even though we are nowhere near perfect, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
2. Province, La Union. I spent so many fond memories with my family, cousins, relatives and grandparents in this place and it is where we usually held our reunions. The picturesque view, mango trees, carabaos, lechon, goats(or kambing), and the beach are just some of the best things in our province.
3. God. He is my rock and my savior.
4. My friends. It's so nice to have friends who are real and compassionate and I'm so thankful to have them in my life. They are the ones who stick with you through the good and the bad times.
5. I'm incredibly thankful for my mom's unconditional love and support especially during the lowest point of my life. I'm having a tumultuous journey with my career path and I'm so thankful that she's always there to give me unwavering support. I love her to bits!
6. Books and ebooks. I've been reading tons of books - adventure, YA, fantasy, romance, existential, chicklit, dystopian, self-help, true crime - and I'm loving it!
7. Landmark. For their affordable beauty items like makeup brushes, lipbalms you can't find anywhere but in this place, and nifty school supplies and organizers.
8. Delicious hot chocolate to keep me company during late nights.
9. Our adorable pet Chowder, a half shih tzu and half Bernese mountain dog, who was literally going crazy, the dog-sitter told us that he kept wailing and he managed to go inside our house which was all locked up(I'm guessing he crawled through a little space), while we were away. He missed us so much, that he hugged all of us when we arrived earlier.
10. I'm so thankful for the lessons that I'm learning in life during my terrible winter. It made me stronger, wiser and better in all aspects of life.