Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bucket List: Australian Edition

I'm already off to a good start this year! My visa was finally approved and I'm leaving next month! It took us months to collate all of the visa requirements, not to mention the expensive costs, but finally, all of our hard work paid off! Truth be told, there was a slight chance that my visa won't be approved since we had a problem with a certain requirement. I was already bracing myself for the worst and I was praying to God for help. Thankfully, my mother, grandmother and aunty were able to come up with a solution. And on January 5th at 2PM I received the great news via email, I felt overjoyed and I even shed a few tears of joy. I'm deeply grateful and blessed for my loving family! So now, all I have to do is make the necessary travel arrangements, shop for winter clothes and prepare my things. It feels SO good to finally be here. I chose to move out of my comfort zone in pursuit of bigger and brighter things.

To celebrate this, I've decided to create an Australian mini bucket list! I'll be posting photos that I took personally over here. :)

1. Take the Bondi to Coogee walk
2. Walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge
3. Scuba dive in Great Barrier Reef
4. Hug a Koala and meet a Kangaroo
5. Witness the New Year fireworks at the Sydney Opera House
6. Participate in a Free Sydney Walking Tours
7. Go on a wine tour in one of Australia's wine areas
8. Wander Melbourne's laneways
9. Indulge in the famous coffee culture
10. Sunset cruise on the harbour
11. Walk through Hyde Park
12. Witness Vivid Sydney
13. Explore the Rocks District
14. Go to the Observatory Hill
15. Participate in a fun run

Life hands us opportunities at every turn to get over ourselves, to get outside ourselves, to wake up from our own bad dreams and realize that really lovely things are happening all the time.”        Shauna Niequist

No comments:

Post a Comment