Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book Review | Fault In Our Stars


I've been wanting to read this book ever since I saw the cover from my sister-in-law's IG and she found it really good. The inner bookworm in me immediately searched for a summary online and read a lot of raves from other people.(By the way, if you love books I suggest you check out www.goodreads.com so you can keep track of the books you've read and you can even rank them and they give suggestions too)  I finished this last week and I'd like to share my thoughts about the wonderful that is Fault In Our Stars:

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


Initially, I thought this book follows the common plot of boy-meets-girl, they fell in love and then something tragic happened but I was in for a great surprise! I never expected this book would be so wonderfully written that I became a  huge John Green fan right after finishing it. Everything about this book: the characters, the plot, the words are brilliant. Also, you can easily relate to the characters and their circumstances - plus there are plenty of quotes which add dramatic flair to the already engaging story. Whenever I find myself completely engrossed in a book to a point that I actually put myself in a character's shoes, that's how I know a book is incredible. And Fault In Our Stars made me feel exactly that. If you want to be inspired to a whole new level, I suggest you give this a try. :) 

My rating: 4.5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment