Saturday, September 28, 2013

Life | Think, Act, Feel Positive




I think it is very important to have a positive mindset no matter what you're going through in life. There will be times when you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders and suddenly it all becomes so unbearable. The answers we seek are nowhere to be found and we are left immobilized by our fears and limitations. But to me these challenges are essential for us to develop a powerful defense against them. It is an essential part of our being, whether we like it or not. As the saying goes, "When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure." Challenges are inevitable. That is reality. Scary as it may seem, you just have to believe in yourself and always remember to see the silver lining in every problem. Be strong and always have faith. I've had my share of negative experiences and that horrible sinking feeling you get every time is an all too familiar feeling to me. There are times when I seriously want to give up but faith, love and optimism helped me immensely. Granted, we may have different experiences but one thing remains the same, it can either make you or break you. It's all up to you.

The point of this post today is to share some inspiring ways that has really been helping me lately to lead a better life. I'm really into self-development and everyday I try to become the best version of myself so hopefully I could inspire you to lead a better life with this. I admit, I'm rather negative most of the time - in my head anyway. I project a positive aura whenever I'm around other people but deep inside my head is full of negative thoughts. So here are helpful tips that you can also incorporate in your everyday life:




+ Pray and have faith. When you believe that God will always be by your side, you will never go astray. All you have to do is open your heart and receive his grace and leave the rest to Him.



+ Surround yourself with positive people and activities. Its so easy to coop up yourself in your comfort zone and shut the people out of your life when you are going through a rough patch but remember this doesn't work. Its okay to be sad for a while but don't get too caught up on your problems to a point that the situation is the one controlling you. Get out there and enjoy yourself and be with the people who genuinely care for you and do activities that you love. Read a book, shop, eat your favorite treats, get a massage, by all means go and spoil yourself. Smile! Love yourself completely and utterly. It's also a good idea to have someone in mind that you idolize for inspiration.

 

+ Exercise. Studies show that there are numerous benefits of regular exercise. Even just a 30 minute walk will do wonders for your mind, body and health. 


  + Stop comparing. "Comparison is the thief of joy" - I repeat this mantra every time I find myself comparing my life to others. Remember you are a unique individual, your life/life progress/life development and career advances are not the same with others so comparing as it is a waste of time, energy and emotions.

 

+ Be bold, brave and never stop learning. I know this takes time but you have to challenge yourself in order to progress. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - one of my favorite quotes. Empower yourself and then you will find there is so much beauty within you.

 


+ Collect things that inspire you. I love to collect quotes, books about positivity and photographs and I keep them in easily accessible places.Doing so will remind to be strong and have faith and that everything will turn out okay.

Let me end this note with some of my favorite quotes:


Life is never stagnant. It’s not going to flatline at a certain age and continue to be that way for the rest of our lives. It’s going to spike up and it’s going to plummet down, but it’s all a part of the journey.


Human Beings have a unique trait… in so far as when they’re at the bottom, they realize that the only way to go is up… and then they mobilize.



And lastly,


May the blue bird of happiness visit your way! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment