Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Wrap-up & July TBR

 


June In One Word:
Bibliophilic

My inner bookworm was very satisfied this month! I maximized my last remaining free time(and month) this year by reading all the books that I've wanted to read in a long time. I managed to read a total of eleven books, which wouldn't be possible anymore now that school has started. As you can see, I've decided to push through with my medicine proper and I've taken the first step into making my dream to become a doctor, a reality. I'm so glad to be back on track but I will surely miss those care-free days! So let's get to it, here's a recap of June!

7 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month

1. Madness by Muse


2. Undisclosed Desires by Muse


3. Gold - Owl City


4. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World


5. Brave by Sarah Barreilles


6. Sky Full of Stars by Cold Play


7. Best Day of My Life by American Authors



Top 3 Books I Read This Month

1. Clockwork Series by Cassandra Clare - So this one's a trilogy but I cannot choose just one cause its so unbelievably good as a whole. I read this series immediately after finishing the 3rd book of the TMI series and I must say this is far better than TMI! It made me feel a roller coaster of emotions; one minute I was laughing and then the next thing I was holding my breathe and crying my eyes out! Never in the entire course of my life have I felt this raw tears and emotions towards a book. I was completely enthralled! And my favorite character is easily Will Herondale.

2. Rebecca by Daphe du Maurier - Every year, I make it a point to read two or three classic novels and this year, I chose this to be one of them. It is such a beautiful and engaging novel; definitely included it in my favorite books of all time.

3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - loved everything about this book - the writing, characters, topic, humor, dialogue. 

Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In June

"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone."

 - Will Herondale, Clockwork Prince
July TBR And Things I'm Excited For

Let's pretend that I could still read the same amount of book this July, please?
The 5th Wave - Rick Yansey
Legend - Marie Lu
Cinder - Marissa Meyer
Brida - Paulo Coelho
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson
Love Letters to the Dead - Ava Dellaira
Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta
City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare 

- I'm so excited for this one! :) Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorite contemporary novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment