Sunday, October 20, 2013

Leap of Faith

We're ten days away from November and this challenge has made the days go by extremely fast -  next thing you know it's already December! Not that I'm complaining, in fact, I cannot wait for next year as I'll be starting a new chapter in my life - I'm  going to pursue a medical degree! That's right. First, let me just share the recent happenings in my life. So, the real reason why I suddenly turned a new leaf was because I realized that I don't fit in the hospitality industry, believe me I tried but there's always this nagging and empty feeling inside me whenever I think of my future in the said industry. I've gone through a terrible winter for the past few months because I felt like I was going nowhere and I couldn't help feeling anxious and restless. My only consolation is that I was able to graduate with less expenses because of the full scholarships I earned all throughout my college years. I prayed to Him for clarity and direction and I think this is it. I've never felt more sure in my entire life(too bad I just realized it now, but oh well!) I've learned to leave the past hurts, wrong decisions and failures and trust God wholeheartedly.God truly works wonders. And thankfully, my parents fully support me and you know the best part is I found a medical school that would give me 100% scholarship! To be honest, if it wasn't for that, I'll be having major doubts since I don't want to burden my parents any further. So now, I'm currently looking for a job so that I could help with the expenses once the new school year commences. I feel very fortunate for having a family who loves me unconditionally. Well, I hope this new chapter goes well and I'm so excited! Lastly, a quote by Thomas Edison, "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."


Day 21 of The October Daily Guest Post

So, enough about me. Today's prompt: Guest posting! and I exchanged questions with Nicole Empleo. She's a very sweet and accommodating and I love that we've loads in common - my favorite: we're both into fitness and healthy diet. We shared tips and tricks to achieve a sexy and fit body and I must admit she's such a pro! I'm so glad I was able to meet her through this challenge. So let's us proceed to her answers!

1. What gives you inspiration?

My family. My husband. My friends. They are the ones who push me through to be a better person. They always have my back whenever im down, and whenever i need them, they are always there. They are the one who knows the real me, yet still loves me unconditionally. My flaws, my mistakes, my descisions - right or wrong, they support me all the way. They always made me strive more. Because they know i can be better than i am right now. I wanna be the person they always said I would be. Thought not perfect, but the best. 

2. What book or movie that best describes how you view life.

Fireproof. It describes my relationship with my husband when we're still in boyfriend and girlfriend stage. I wouldn't wanna spill how and what the movie is all about. You just have to find that out on yourself. Its a MUST WATCH. 

3. Give us 5 beauty products that you cant live without.

Facial wash, moisturizer, johnsons baby powder, mascara, eyeliner

4. What profession have you always admired?

Hospitality management in any form of service. We are forced to entertained and go with the "costumer is always right" and to put up with other peoples bullshit when we really doesnt have to. Okay so we have to, but we're human and sometimes things are getting out of control. We just can't smile and give you polite answers (we dont know) when we personally having our own dillemas too. Ya know! We are humans too. Lol. I know hospitality graduates can relate to this.. Or not! :)))

5. Where you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Europe. Because for one reason, it has always been my dream.

6 comments:

  1. Goodluck on your medical career! Wish you all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, jeane!! you're so sweet! i wish you all the best too ;D

      Delete
  2. OMG!! I feel the exact same way!!!! :( And good luck to your next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I tried to love the industry, but in the end my efforts were futile. It's not that I woke up on day and suddenly decided to drop it like a hat, I even worked really hard to finish my course. There are just so many aspects which prompted me to pursue another, like the industry's overcrowded and the low return. And then later I realized that I want something that is intellectually and financially rewarding. Thank you, Nicole!v Good luck to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and good luck to you on that Ate! :) ♥

    And I can totally feel Ate Nicole on #4! Lol! but thumbs up to all who are in the hospitality industry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Mary! :) Good luck to you too!

      Delete